Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Week 7 of Treatment

Week 7 of treatment

My mom just had her 6th chemo treatment (she missed a week on the 7 week treatment plan) and things are really going well. It seems as though her doctor finally found the right combination of medicine and she is starting to get her energy back and FINALLY is no longer getting sick anymore! Last week they did some extra blood work beyond what they normally do every week and found that she is now pre-diabetic which is fairly common with pancreatic cancer. The medication that she is on for that really seemed to be the turning point when she stopped getting sick, her color started looking much better, and she has slowly started to get her energy back and feel as though she can do things outside of lying in bed and watching T.V. Her spirits seem to have lifted which is the most exciting part to me. She was feeling so crappy that I can only imagine what it felt like. Heck I want to lye around and watch T.V. all day and take naps and I am just pregnant!

She has her CAT scan scheduled for Wednesday of next week and the doctor said that he would call her with the results within two days. He originally said he would go over them the next week at chemo but she told him that wasn’t going to fly and she needed them sooner J Sounds just like my mom huh? He was very pleased with her progress and seems optimistic but of course they can’t make any educated guesses and I don’t expect him to. I would hate to be provided false hope and I think he completely respects that. Next week will be a big week for us. I am sure it will be full of high stress and anxiety for all parties involved. All we can ask for is prayers. We have been blessed beyond blessed with support and it is unbelievable how much people care.

Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions! I know my mom sometimes is hard to get ahold of because she sleeps a lot, but it seems as though that is getting a lot better. My dad, myself, and my brother are all open to any communication or anything anyone is curious about!

No comments:

Post a Comment